Brief About Gastroenterology:
Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine that focuses on the digestive system and its disorders. Diseases affecting the gastrointestinal tract, include the organs from mouth to anus, along the alimentary canal, are the focus of this speciality. Physicians practicing in this field are commonly termed as gastroenterologists.
They have usually completed about eight years of pre-medical and medical education, a year-long internship, three years of an internal medicine residency, and two to three years in the gastroenterology fellowship. Gastroenterologists perform a number of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including colonoscopy, endoscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholangiancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasound and liver biopsy. Have a peek at http://aspirenaturalhealth.com/natural-medicine-evaluations/, if you need to know more about gastroenterology.
According to a recent survey, it is found that 74 percent of Americans experience digestive issues on a regular basis. Symptoms like diarrhoea, gas, bloating, and even abdominal pain were reported by both genders, at all ages, and in all ethnic and racial groups.
Because the aforementioned symptoms are common, people often ignore them. They may use over-the-counter medications to manage their discomfort and pain. However, if they have a digestive disorder or disease, those drugs will not treat the underlying issue. Only licensed gastroenterologists can prescribe the medicines they need.
Some Common and Serious Symptoms for GI disorders are listed below:
1) Chronic diarrhoea
2) Rectal bleeding
3) Anal leakage of faeces
4) Sudden change in bowel movements and/or habits
5) Light-coloured stool
6) Inability to control or resist bowel movements
7) Dark-coloured urine
8) Persistent abdominal bloating or pain
9) Heartburn (acid reflux) that lingers after every meal
10) Lack of energy/lethargy
11) Throat discomfort or pain
12) Excessive, uncontrollable belching and/or flatulence
Latest posts by Mary Littleton (see all)
- The Use of Water Pipes - April 24, 2017
- review: best place to receive academic papers readily and duly - April 24, 2017
- Wine Basics: Serving & Glassware - April 24, 2017